Cocopeat 4.5 to 5kg block is 100% organic material and has high water retention. It also has a high nutrient holding capacity.
- Material: Coir Pith
- PH Value: 5.5 to 6.5
- Package Weight:5 kg (+/- 10%)
- Package Dimensions: Size 30 X 30 X 15 CM (+/- 2 cm)
Benefits of Cocopeat Block are as following:
- High water holding capacity
- Acceptable pH & EC
- Excellent wettability, superior to peat
- Ability to retain nutrients against leaching and to buffer supply
- Unique water holding capacity
- Good drainage / aeration
- Less shrinkage
- Retains physical properties longer
- Light weight
- No pests, weeds, or diseases
- Odorless and pleasant to handle
- Natural and renewable resource
- Uniform in composition
- 100% Organic
- Promotes strong root growth and plant vigor.
- Absorbs water readily and re-wets easily, thus reducing the need for wetting agents.
- Reduces watering frequency without plant stress, thereby reducing labor costs and minimizing plant loss
- Increases shelf life of plants
- Slow breakdown of material means product will not shrink during your growing cycle
- High water holding capacity while still maintaining excellent drainage and aeration.
Main uses of Cocopeat Block are as:
- Potting mixes
- Green houses
- Hydroponics growing media
- Nursery & garden center professionals
- Seedling nurseries
- Lawn and golf courses
- Horticulture and floriculture applications
- Home gardening (indoor and outdoor) and for landscaping use
- Amending clay soils
- Worm bedding
HOW TO USE THE Cocopeat Block
- Break apart a brick in parts and throw it in a large bucket. Add enough amount of water to saturate the brick.
- Allow the dry coco peat to sit in the water for some time so that it can become loose and absorb the water.
- Stir and fluff coco peat with a garden trowel after 10-15 minutes, add more water if it looks dry. Stop, if it’s loose.
- Stir and fluff again after a few minutes to make sure all of it has been moistened, add more water if it’s not loose yet. Once you see the moist and loose coco peat, it is ready to use in the garden.
Cocopeat Block can be used as a soil-less growing medium for potted plants or in aqua-culture growing environments. Add the reconstituted bricks to planters, leaving 1 inch of space below the planter rim. Plant a seed or seedling in the center. Fertilizer and soil will need to be added to sustain a plant long-term when it’s planted in coco peat.